The value of being able to get your data securely, anywhere that has connectivity tremendous but often not understood until you either:
- have lost your data and can’t get it (obviously very bad)
- of your computer has failed yet the data was synced to the cloud so you were in a position to recover (obviously very good)
We just did a huge upgrade for a client (an accounting group) that handles a significant amount of personally identifiable information that included:
- Encrypting all storage devices
- Encrypted email and data archives
- Data Backup implementation
- Syncing their data to the cloud
Unfortunately, in the middle of tax season, one of the accountant’s laptops had a hard failure and would no longer power up or charge. Since their data was synced to the cloud, we effectively trivialized their laptop to being a commodity. Overnight, we were able to reconstruct a replacement laptop with all the programs and data.
- saving a ton of stress
- reducing loss of productivity to a minimum
Note: There was another desktop that had the data synced from the cloud, so while we recreated the laptop, work still continued.